CERTIFICATE IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
The Certificate in Biblical Studies offers a limited but concentrated study of the Bible and practical Christian ministry.
The graduate of this program will be able to
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of Bible content and doctrine
- Continue personal Bible study and application.
- Employ practical ministry skills.
The Bible Requirement (15 semester hours)
The Bible major for the four-year programs will consist of the following courses – 15 semester hours:
Old Testament Survey – 3 hrs.
New Testament Survey – 3 hrs.
Principles of Bible Study – 3 hrs.
Bible Doctrines I – 3 hrs.
Bible Doctrines II – 3 hrs.
The Christian Ministries Requirement (12 semester hours)
The Christian Ministries double major for the four-year programs will consist of the following courses – 12 semester hours:
Evangelism & Discipleship – 3 hrs.
Survey of Christian Education – 3 hrs.
Teaching Bible or Sermon Preparation – 3 hrs.
Introduction to Christian Counseling – 3 hrs.
Elective Requirement (3 semester hours)
- English proficiency is required for the writing of academic papers. En 101 and En 102 are offered to those needing assistance.
- Women students or non-ministerial students may opt to take CM 203 Teaching Bible instead of CM 105 Sermon Preparation.
- Methodist students are encouraged to take Bi 304 Doctrines of Methodism as their program elective.